One tragic summer I was bored out of my 27 year old mind. Alaska is, incredibly underwhelming, to say the least; especially for a woman who doesn't enjoy spending her every waking moment in nature (ew, nature). So what did I do? I decided to partake in my generations phenomenon....online dating. (Cue Alfred Hitchcock 'Psycho' stabbing music.)
Yeah. Terrifying.
Little did I know when I clicked, 'submit profile', of all the messages and outrageous laughter that would follow ( from me and all my friends, at the men, not with them, lets be honest here). I decided a blog needed to happen - I couldn't be left alone with these messages - the world needs them shared. And somehow it makes me feel better about my laughter. I blame it on a performance mentality that I always have an audience to please.
So here we go. Buckle your seat belts.
Here's a little taste of what being a single woman in Alaska looks like. (Get ready to be very thankful for whatever city you live in. At least it isn't the Last Frontier. Aka. There's 10 men to every women here.)
The old tag line for Alaska still runs true: Alaska, where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.....
From here on out I'll be posting my thoughts on online dating, both funny and deep. Diving into what I've experienced in this season and what I'm learning (the good, the bad and the ugly). But mainly, lets be real here, I'll be posting screen shots of the messages that come through and the thoughts that go through my mind - what I WOULD say, if I wasn't a nice human being. Really what I'm learning is my gut responses that go through my head are mean. Its better I share them with you then with these men, or they may be crushed like bugs.
Let us commence. Its all downhill from here.
From here on out I'll be posting my thoughts on online dating, both funny and deep. Diving into what I've experienced in this season and what I'm learning (the good, the bad and the ugly). But mainly, lets be real here, I'll be posting screen shots of the messages that come through and the thoughts that go through my mind - what I WOULD say, if I wasn't a nice human being. Really what I'm learning is my gut responses that go through my head are mean. Its better I share them with you then with these men, or they may be crushed like bugs.
Let us commence. Its all downhill from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment