Monday, June 20, 2016

Catfished in 3....2....1...

Finally watching 100 episodes of Catfish on MTV paid off!!!! 


So this guy wrote me within 10 minutes of being on the dating website... HELLO GORGEOUS; I'm thinking "Okay, okay, maybe I'll give this thing a shot. I mean. heyyyyy"

So I start chatting with him. Obviously as a female I'm yelling at my roommate LOOK AT THIS GUY TRYING TO HOLLA! LOOK AT HIM!! She admits he's beautiful. But a couple minutes later she goes.... that picture looks professional. (Why is she so smart and I'm so not. I just thought he took really high quality pictures in Armani Suits.) 

So... like good CIA agents...I mean females... we drag his picture off his profile and put it into a reverse image search on google. Bing. Bing. Bing. That picture as well as a ton of other ones show up from a professional modeling agency. From there we are directed to the models Twitter and Instagram pages. Hmm, his name is Drew Hudson. Weird, the guy I was talking to online was named Scott. But in my utter desire for pure romance I thought, "its totally him but he's under a different name so he can find love and all the adoring fans leave him alone right?...right???... I mean... right?" 

Wrong. 


So I keep talking with Scott/Drew. After stalking the models twitter I know he's in Bali. The Catfish online is saying he's in London. Lie. So after he keeps lying and playing his game I tell him he looks an AWFUL lot like Drew Hudson, the model. Without missing a beat he explains that Drew is his doppelganger and its a weird situation. Then I proceed to say that Drew has the EXACT same photos as Mr. Catfish on his Instagram. Catfisher says that he has been in touch with Drew's lawyers and publicist and made a deal to sneak pictures of Catfisher onto Drew's Instagram to see if anyone notices.

Wow. This guys catfish game is strong. 

I said I thought he was full of shit. Like a true actor he didn't break character and said maybe it was time for some new selfies, to which I whole heartedly agreed. He promised to send some the next day.

Funny. Instead the next day he deleted his account. 

Sadly, the hopeless romantic (or desperado....) in me is like WHAT IF THAT WAS HIM AND HE WAS TRYING TO FIND LOVE IN FAIRBANKS ALASKA AND BE INCOGNITO AND I JUST MESSED UP MY CHANCES CAUSE I WAS A SASSY ASS...

We may never know for sure.


But I'd like to thank Nev and Max from Catfish for training well before some devilishly handsome faker tried to sweep me off my feet. Oh and hey, if you're reading this Drew Hudson.... lets get married and make beautiful babies. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! this is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the smart compliment. Everyone! I'm her roommate ;) autographs on appointment only.

    ReplyDelete